Thruxton
Much as I love the new Triumph range, I'm a bit saddened by the demise of the British air-cooled twin - so much so that I stuck my hand in my pocket and bought the last available old style Thruxton in Kent.
However, I just can't leave things alone so I've been fettling with it since I got it....
Here's how it was on arrival back home...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.]

lightweight, proud to be a member of Kent & Sussex Bikers since Sep 2013.
now that is nice Rockon
First thing to go was the exhaust, it looked good but, in my opinion, wasn't snarly enough - I mean, this is supposed to be a cafe racer! It should upset the neighbours!
So, I picked up a stainless steel 2 into 1 from eBay (75% cheaper than the official Triumph Arrow exhaust!) with a removable baffle..

I also ditched the rear mudguard, the '50's Cadillac style indicators and the rugby ball sized tail light

I've shifted the rear indicators forwards to just behind the rear shocks and ditched the rear pillion footrests as well since I took this photo.
What d'ya reckon?
(30-03-2016, 09:26 PM)lightweight Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.First thing to go was the exhaust, it looked good but, in my opinion, wasn't snarly enough - I mean, this is supposed to be a cafe racer! It should upset the neighbours!
So, I picked up a stainless steel 2 into 1 from eBay (75% cheaper than the official Triumph Arrow exhaust!) with a removable baffle..

I also ditched the rear mudguard, the '50's Cadillac style indicators and the rugby ball sized tail light

I've shifted the rear indicators forwards to just behind the rear shocks and ditched the rear pillion footrests as well since I took this photo.
What d'ya reckon?
That's lovely. It's going to look even better when you've finished and I agree with growly. It would be a shame not to hear it properly.
Beelady, proud to be a member of Kent & Sussex Bikers since Mar 2011.
Been fettling the Thruxton again. This time with the help of a 9 year old, what could possibly go wrong?
Whipped out the airbox, blanked off the EFI sensors and fitted some big foam filters. It was back firing on the overrun, probably due to the little exhaust, runs much better now as it's getting more air in.
Also replaced the side panels with some number boards, they look great but dig into the back of your leg when you put your feet down!
Oh, built my girlfriends lad this (in front of the KLR), arrived in a couple of plastic crates and a series of Aldi's bags. Quite pleased with it!
Had another fiddle with the Thruxton, nothing major - just a shuffle of what I already had. Dunno if it's better or not.
I've moved the indicators and removed the headlight cowl, possibly with Clip ons and a black or smaller headlight it'd look better?
still looking nice .
how do you get on with the mirrors
(24-05-2017, 05:52 PM)james.t Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.still looking nice .
how do you get on with the mirrors

Mirrors are fine, don't vibrate and you can actually see behind you suprisingly!
Vastly better than the KLR mirrors which are hopeless over 40mph - not that it likes going much faster than that anyway....